Sunday 22 May 2011

Struggling on .....

I still have a bad cold but I'm struggling on - pause for sympathy. (Didn't Onassis say of Jackie Kennedy, 'The only place she'll find sympathy, is beween sh*t and syphilis in the dictionary'?)  I digress. I made this card this afternoon for my neighbour's little girl Evie.  I've used my Nesties and Cuttlebug and a Bild Malarna stamp.  She's one of my faves.
I managed to attend both of Kim's classes at Lavender Lane yesterday.  It's always great to meet up with the other regular ladies and we always have a good laugh.  Kim did us proud with her tutorials and I will post the cards I made later in the week.
I went to a garden centre today (Wyevales in Morden) and bought a few marigolds to brighten the back garden and pots. I couldn't help myself but I had to mention to the staff that there were spelling errors on the Specials blackboard.  This news was not well received but I felt better.  People just don't know where to put an apostrophe do they?  They had written "Hot roast dinner with carrots and potato's".  Then I took my latte back because at least half of it was foam.  I asked the young man serving if it was his first day on the job. His reply was 'No'.  I think I made my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment