Sunday 5 February 2012

Snow? Thanks but no thanks.

I normally like the snow but it's different now I have to drive a school bus.  I'm praying for a thaw before the morning, when I have to collect the bus at 7am and drive intoWimbledon to pick up the boys.  I don't think that's likely though.  Who knows, the school may not open.  We'll see.
This card was made using a piece of hand made background paper, upon which I have stamped a Woodware stamp. I stamped it twice and decoupaged the flowers and added gems.  I Cuttlebugged a turquoise background and 'hand-stitched' the edge of the card - a la Kim Reygate.  Black peel offs complete the card.
I have had a sad week, having been to a friend's funeral.  She was a colleague when I was working and sadly died in her sleep at the age of 52.  Not fair is it?  A lovely girl.  The church service was near Dover and I don't think I have ever felt the cold quite so much as that day.  The wind chill factor just took my breath away.
We should have been entertaining today but the bad weather has put paid to that.  So I now have an afternoon to craft in my 'studio'.  I am planning to use a lovely poppy stamp set, by Hobby Art.  We are having a new roof put on at the moment and because of the scaffolding, there are a few channels we cannot get on the TV.  Create & Craft is one such and so I have missed the Clarity shows today.  However Biggest Loser was recorded and viewed yesterday, so it's not all bad.
Barny a Golden Retreiver has come for a few days.  After the little dogs last week, he seems enormous. I hope he likes walking in the snow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment