Monday 4 October 2010

Wet weekend

After a busy day I have finally got time to update my blog.  My friends Jill and John came on Saturday, on their way home from a holiday in Portugal.  Someone took one of their suitcases and so it took them a lot longer to get through the airport.  Their arriving on Saturday meant I had to miss Sharon's Stampin' Up day, which was a pity as missed the last one also.  On Sunday we all went to the Ardingly country show which was good but we were just soaking.  What a shame for the stall holders.  There were lots of lovely dogs there, so that was nice.  I also had a long conversation with the RSPB experts about my garden birds.
I managed to make this card with Jill last night.  I have used a Lili Of The Valley topper.  They are selling them for £2.50 for 20 and they make a nice quick card.  I have glittered up her bonnet but it's hard to see in the photograph.
I took Jill & John to Gatwick airport this morning and they travelled back home to The Isle of Man. My next guest arrived five hours later.  Mike's sister came back from Bournemouth today so I had lots of laundry to get done before she arrived.  It's all go once you've taken early retirement you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment