Tuesday 14 December 2010

Last Christmas card ~ I Promise

Good Evening dear reader. After this card, no more Christmas!  I made this card for a lady whose dog I walk ~ Benson by name ~ sweetheart by nature.  She was delighted with it I'm pleased to say.  Hasn't this month flown by?  I can hardly keep up.  Today I went to Polesden Lacey, a National Trust property that belonged to a Mrs. Greville, a fab hostess of her time.  Benson's owner ~ Olive ~ treated me to lunch for walking him for her.  We went into the gift shop afterwards and I spent far too much but couldn't help it ~ honest.
As my Christmas gift to Olive, I made her a door swag.
In fact yesterday was flower arranging all day.  I made myself one of these swags and also did a wreath for a friend of ours.
Well now The X Factor is finished, we'll have more time to ourselves at the weekend!!  I was hoping Rebecca would win but I guess she'll do ok now she's had the coverage.  Those who hate the show will probably think I'm sad but we enjoy it.
All I have left to do now, is wrap all my gifts for  the holiday season.  I'm not particularly fond of this chore ~ not being very profficient at it. I need a gift wrapping course ~ as my friend Jill will testify when her parcel arrives.
Did I mention I got the job?  It's driving school children to and from school in Surbiton, Surrey.  I need to be vetted before I can begin and hopefully the bad weather will have passed when I start the job.  Can't wait.
And another thing!! I got to target weight at my local Slimming World Club last week ~ having had a loss every week since September. (Yes, it took that long!) I'm now regretting that wonderful Christmas lunch I had earlier today.  No I'm not!

2 comments:

  1. Is that what all the best dressed dogs are wearing.Benji xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed they are Benji. Thank you for dropping in on your Mum's birthday. Gill x

    ReplyDelete