Monday 20 December 2010

Festive cheer to my readers

Good Morning dear reader!  This will be my last post before Christmas I believe.  I think the weather this year is going to change many people's plans - including ours!  I love the snow but it has been irritating not being able to get about in the car.  We were to go to a dinner party with dear friends on Saturday but chose not to risk it, the roads being so icy and the snow so deep. It was such a shame as we had a dog sitter and I had made a Christmas floral arrangement for the hostess - and we haven't seen these friends for so long.

My next door neighbour ran into a roundabout and messed up the front of her car.   We 'hummed and haaahed' about going out yesterday but did manage to get to The Simply Red concert at The O2 Arena in London last night.  We walked to the station and got into London easily and had an uneventful trip - thankfully.  It was -10 degs on the way home though. The show was terrific - and Mick Hucknall's last.  He doesn't live far from us and I seem to be the only one of my friends who hasn't bumped into him in Waitrose or sitting next to him in traffic.

This card is for my sister's birthday on Christmas Eve.  I'm hoping to give it to her - as opposed to sending it.  Who knows?  I have used a new Cuttlebug embossing/cutting folder.  I think they are fantastic and make the card for you almost.  AND you only put it through the Cuttlebug machine once.  They're quite expensive but worth it in my humble opinion. I just added some bling.

So, I wish all my friends and readers a very happy holiday season.  See you on the other side!  Gill x

No comments:

Post a Comment