Sunday 22 January 2012

Blue & Green should never be seen

Hello again dear readers.  I have today made this card for friends of mine, as an anniversary card.  I started the card at a class with Kim and have just completed it.  The background was hand made then I stamped on it using a Woodware stamp.  I stamped it twice and used the separate flowers to decorate the border.  I Cuttlebugged the blue card and added luminous green gems for a spot of bling. Or should I say, may spots of bling?
I have neglected my blog for a while, having been otherwise occupied but hope to be adding more cards very soon.  I went to see War Horse last week with the other half.  We really enjoyed it and it wasn't as distressing as I thought it might be.  We have been looking after a beagle for a few days and she has been a total nightmare.  Whilst cute and cuddly, she is only motivated by food and has been something of a challenge.  She has three times tipped up the kitchen refuse bin.  Stole a chicken leg from Mike's dinner plate as he was eating.  This morning she vomited up two pieces of cellophane at 3 am!!!  She ate an entire square of bird feed suet and apples left out for the blackbird and has in the past eaten a wedding cake.  She can reach up to the kitchen counters, even tough she is small and we have had to be one step ahead at all times.  As we waved her 'Adios' today, Mike wasn't displeased to see the back of her.  She was a very loving dog in every other way though.  Now we have two very different pooches.  A Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier called Dillon and a Havanese called George, who I could eat, he's so gorgeous.
Yesterday we went to the ice show in Brighton with friends.  It was absolutely sensational.  It just gets better.  We were lucky enough to be on the front row and rather embarrassingly, I was pulled up at one point and made to jiggle around and dance with a skater.  (Mortifying) We later had a meal in English's - a fish restaurant, which was really very good.  I bought several flashing toys to take on my school bus.  I wonder how long they'll last.  I say they're for the boys but...........  I love playing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment