Monday 8 October 2012

She's back!

Hello! Fancy seeing you here!  Where has the summer gone? - I asked myself in the pouring rain whilst walking two dogs this morning.  Things are always busy this end and this summer was no exception.  My dear other half fell off a step ladder and fractured his wrist in two places, and also came away with a compression fracture of the spine.  All these were missed by the hospital and after 7 weeks he went back for more X-rays, only to be told about the fractures - as we had suspected.  At the moment he is not having treatment, but must go back in a couple of weeks to see how things are.  Painful is how things are!!
Anyhow, I am back card making and this first one is for a friend of mine, whose birthday it is this week.  Now who could that be?  If it's your birthday - look out for this card.  I made the background with a Kaleidacolour pad and a brayer.  I cut a circle out and turned it up the other way.  The lattice is a new Nestie cutter I bought recently at the Sandown show in Esher.  You'll recognise the circular scalloped frame I'm sure.  The flowers are made with a Hobby Art stamp and it's finished off with peel offs.  Now my friend Sharon is crafting no longer, I can use peel offs with gay abandon.

3 comments:

  1. well fancy seeing you here.I think I know who the card is for.The lattice works really well.Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna. I hope she likes it!! G x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear friend, how lovely to see you back, you have been missed.
    The card is beautiful. I love, NEED, WANT the lattice, and I have no objections to a peel-off or two :O)
    Hope to see you tomorrow when I can thank you in person.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete