Tuesday 4 June 2013

Away with the fairies

Morning!!
And we have a summer's day - at last.  It was quite cool first thing but promises to be a great day - week in fact.  I am going to meet a friend for lunch in Teddington later - so we may sit outside to eat.
I made this card for my sister Marilyn.  I stamped the fairy image onto some hand made background I had made earlier.  I cut an oval into the front of the card and mounted the stamped image inside the card. I made a scalloped frame to put on the front of the card and smothered it with diamonds.
A little distress ink around the edge took away the whiteness.  In fact before I posted it, I put some faux stitching around the front of the card.
I started back at school yesterday after having a nice week off.  But getting up at 6 am is no joke. However, I normally see two of my neighbours leaving at the same time, so that makes me feel a little better.  And the boys make it all worth while.
Mike and I are making some changes to our garden and have been invited to look in someone's back garden later today - with a view to choosing some new plants.  I know this garden to be just wonderful - so I guess we'll be ordering lots of new stuff.  We started our garden 16 years ago and planted everything but over the years, things have spread too much and other shrubs are too close to each other, so many things are coming out and new things going in.  Back then I was a keen flower arranger and some of the shrubs were planted for that purpose but now we want more seasonal colour.  I'll let you know....

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning Gilly. i shall of course expect an invite to the garden opening lol.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete