Thursday 13 June 2013

One from Anna

Hi folks.
Well I think we seem to have had the best of our summer.  Rain and gales today.  Marvellous!! I wouldn't mind so much but the dog walking becomes a chore when we get home with all the paw cleaning.
This pretty card was literally knocked up by Anna.  All I did was assemble the parts and add the bling (something Anna would have resisted I'm sure.)  The flower was coloured in with chalks. I think the stamp was a freebie on a magazine. I also made holes all around the card and drew in 'stitches'.
Getting back to the dogs - two of my regular walking doggie companions have gone down with kennel cough, so I am hoping my charges have not already contracted this unpleasant illness. 
I am having a very easy week at the school, as the majority of boys are either camping or in France with the teachers.  Last weekend, I went to The Hobby Art craft workshop.  Another great day with like-minded crafters and we made some super cards ~ which I will put here on the blog.  It was all organised so well and we were as usual inundated with fab refreshments. Jenny and Anna's family members made our day very special.  Jenny tutored us in the morning and Helen Meighan had us for the afternoon.  Helen does the Helidot cards, although that's not what we did on the day.
The garden's coming along nicely and looks very pretty ~ thanks for asking!!
More soon.  Gill x

2 comments:

  1. joint effort I think and I do like the bling very subtle . The stitching brings it all together .Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Gill, but why are you finishing off Anna's cards for her??
    The folded brown card used as the base for the easel card is from Anne Marie Designs (Pure Kraft 280gsm), the plain sheet of card that you used to stamp and cut up is from Woodware so Davina can get hold of it for you or I can next time I order some bits. xx

    ReplyDelete