Sunday 28 July 2013

It's Twins!!

Greetings on this changeable Sunday afternoon.  I have a little washing on the line so may have to run out if the rain comes.  I don't mind one bit ~ as it will save me having to water the garden again tonight.  I was with Kim Reygate yesterday at Davina's in Purley for a class on 'resist'. 

There were two lovely new ladies and we made some lovely toppers using this technique.  But Blimey!!  Was it hot in Davina's conservatory?  The rain did prevail and not a moment too soon.

My friend Nicki has just become a grandma again ~ to two more boys.  That makes 5 altogether.  This is the card I made last night - in the heat of my 'studio' in the loft.  The central topper is made from a Lili of the Valley twins stamp and coloured in using Promarkers and Copix pens for the faces.  I have used four different cutters through the Grand Calibur and a border new punch. I have decorated the card with blue pearly gems to finish it off.  I get a lot of use out of the cutter that makes what looks like a doily.  I use it for wedding cards too.  Which reminds me - I have one to make for next week.  

Mike and I have had five days in Torquay since last I posted here.  The weather was just fabulous and I tried not to worry about my garden getting dry.  I paid the young teenager to water the plants, with the promise of a bonus if nothing died! The tomatoes are doing very well, so I know she was doing it.

Whilst there, we visited a National Trust property ~ Overbecks and had lunch in Salcombe.  It was a super day out. Then we lazed by my sister's pool and enjoyed the hot tub and had such a relaxing time, that we stayed another day.  But it's back to dog walking and the mundane now.  Having said that. I love the dog walking and it keeps me fit.  I wear a 'FitBit Zip' all the time, to help me reach my daily targets - four miles and 10,000 steps.  It's the best bit of kit I have EVER bought.  
So - off into the loft I go - to make the wedding card.  Adios for now

No comments:

Post a Comment