Monday 26 July 2010

Art Deco Lady

Evenin' All - as Jack Warner used to say.
Last Friday was my anniversary and we got lots of lovely cards.  Mike stayed home and we went into Kingston for a bit of retail therapy.  I bought a nice multi-coloured top from East, with a matching necklace.  We then went to see a movie - Inception.  Well, I knew in the first five minutes I wasn't going to understand it and I was right.  I couldn't recommend it but I think I'm in the minority here.  We rounded off the evening with a nice Indian curry.  Then we collected Taffy from our friends Val & Eric, who kindly took him in for the day.
I have since had a lovely weekend with my sister in law Maggie and her daughter Helen.  We went over to Westfields shopping centre on Saturday - a first for Maggie and me.  Well, I did use the car park once with Dawn but we never shopped till we dropped. It is vast and had all the usual stores and quite a few new ones.  I was very restrained and only bought a cardigan.  I did fancy a Pandora bracelet though.  Another time perhaps.
Today the car went in for a service and MOT.  The tax and insurance are also due, so this is not the month to be shopping in Westfields.  I have spent the afternoon getting some things onto eBay for sale, so wish me luck.
I have made this card for Dawn to give to her friend.  I used a stamp from Debbie Moore Designs.  The set is so versatile and I'm looking forward to making more cards with them.  I coloured the image with distress inks and used black magic paper and a Cuttlebug folder for the dark background.  A bit of bling and there you have it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice card Gill, love the bling. Another stamp I can see myself borrowing he he
    Love and hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete