Tuesday 7 September 2010

About time too!


Greetings Crafters.

There has been a lot going on  here so I haven't been crafting for what seems like weeks. I was away in Liverpool for a few days last week at the Mathew St. Festival, which celebrates the music of The Beatles.  Mike & I went with my sister and her husband.  We had just the best time.  I had never been to Liverpool before and I must say we found the people very friendly.  Many tribute bands from around the world come to perform and my favourites were The Repeatles, which is such a good name for a Beatle tribute band.  Carol and I were like aging groupies waiting for hours to see them play.  We managed to get right to the front row at one of the outside stages.  The weather was sunny and warm and we were transported back in time to our youth.  We did a Fab Cab tour of Liverpool the next day and saw all the homes in which the Fab Four lived in their early days. We saw Penny Lane and Strawberry Field and a gravestone on which there was the name Eleanor Rigby. We also saw the longest running tribute band of all - The Bootleg Beatles.  So, all in all, we were Beatled out.  However we do plan to go again.  It was just so Fab. Enough - back to this card.

Unfortunately I had to make a sympathy card when I got home.  So I have made this one in black and white.  The stamp is just an Anita's one, which used to be one of my Mum's.  I've used a doily and I 'Swiss Dotted' a piece of black card for the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment