Saturday 24 September 2011

Dance the night away

Evening all!  I had a lovely day today with my girlfriends and Kim at Lavender Lane.  It'll be my last class there, as they're closing soon and I will be on holiday for their last class.  Today we made Christmas cards with Butterfly Kisses and Hobby Art stamps.  Photos to follow.  It was good to hear from the ladies saying they check out my blog - as it can seem that no one is reading it.  So it has inspired me to carry on.  Thank you.
This card was for my 'Aunty Lou', who lives on The Isle of Man.  She was my Mum's best friend.  I have used one of my favourite toppers and have embossed the brown card.  Mat and layering, and punching complete the design.
I have been to my sister in law's tonight for a lovely Indian curry.  As usual, I was the only one who went back for more.  I even had apple pie and custard afterwards.  I'm unsure as to which Indian state apple pie comes from. Methinks I should start dieting again come Monday.
Last Wednesday, I went with my friend Jane Price to an antiques fair in Berkeley Square in London.  What a posh do that was.  Two gentlemen in morning dress greeted us at the entry to the marquee.  I don't think there was anything for sale for less than several hundred pounds.  We didn't like anything anyway!!  I mean, who would want any of that exquisite jewellery?  There were certainly people who were buying though.  On our way out, we saw a man sitting in the park with two huge tropical parrots on a park bench.  We had a good lunch in Shepherd's Market before parting company and me going to work.
Off to bed now - to dream about the Alexandra Palace Papercraft Show tomorrow.  Better wear my sensible shoes!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to catch up with you yesterday. Enjoy the show.
    Love Kimx

    ReplyDelete