Friday 9 September 2011

Lili of The Valley does Christmas

Hello Crafters one and all.  This little lady is a Lili of the valley topper.  I do like them.  It's so quick to make a Christmas card.  I just Nestied the image and put glitter around the edges.  I have glittered her hood too.  The red card went though the Spellbinder in an embossing folder which just embossed the border of the card.  The photo once again doesn't do it justice but I'm sure you get the idea.  Happy holidays ribbon and a snowflake complete the card in a very short space of time.
I have had a busy week - again!! Getting up early for work has at least helped me to sleep slightly better through the night - although I still wake up.  Two days ago, as I left home at 06.45 hrs, I found an injured or poisoned fox in my neighbour's front garden.  It was fitting and couldn't walk, so I went back inside and got the number of the RSPCA and woke Mike to call them.  They took one and a half hours to get here.  I got home just after the yound inspector had shot the fox.  I am so glad I missed that but slightly upset that she didn't even examine it.  I really wish I'd called a fox or wildlife rescue place now but I was going to be late for work and I just wanted the fox to be out of pain.  Very distressing for everyone.  My husband Mike stayed with the fox and wrapped it in a blanket, as it kept trying to walk.  He held it until the RSPCA arrived.  Whatever people think about them, I cannot bear to see an animal in pain.  And to think it may have been poisoned, makes my blood boil.
Last night I went to a retirement function in Surbiton, Surrey.  A girlfriend of mine was leaving the Metropolitan Police Service after 33 years years.  We met in January 1978, when we both had an interview to join the force.  Goodness, am I that old?  I guess I am.
Mike and I actually have a weekend with nothing planned.  Hurrah!  We intend to go to the cinema.  Any suggestions as to what we see?  I fancy Jane Eyre myself.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment