Saturday 5 March 2011

Cuttlebug Calamity

Hi folks.
Sorry it's been so long in coming but I had an unfortunate experience with my Cuttlebug.  I went to the Farnborough 'Make It' show last weekend with Linda and Margaret.  We had a good time and I have decided it's my favourite show of all.  It's convenient to get to, clean with lots of space and somewhere to sit and dine.
When we got home, I was showing Linda something with my Cuttlebug and was obviously pushing the plates too hard, when the side flew off with an almighty bang.  I was so upset with myself and have to remember how to make cards without using embossing folders and Nesties.  Not easy!
So, I now have on order, a new Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine, for the larger size Nesties. It will be delivered to Anna next weeka dn I can hardly wait.
So, this card was used without a hint of a Cuttlebug machine.  I had all the elements but saw a card at the show using a chandelier stamp and it reminded me to use my set of stamps from Craftwork Cards.  My very first post on this blog was a chandelier as I seem to recall.
I have now completed the first three weeks of my dog walking assignment and have one week left to do.  thankfully, it hasn't rained for the last few days, so it has not been quite so muddy.
My police clearance has now come through, so I may be starting my new part time job soon.  It's all worked out well really - time wise.
I went to a retirement party at Mile End in the East End of London yesterday evening.  It was quite a haul but I enjoyed seeing my ex-colleague and a couple of other friends.  It's another world over there.  I was interested to see a row of free newspapers outside the Underground - nine publications in all and only two in English.  It's an ever changing society!

No comments:

Post a Comment