Tuesday 11 October 2011

Kim's card

Hi Folks.  Yesterday was Kim Reygate's birthday and this is the card I made for her.  The stamp is from Hobby Art. I made the inked background using a Kaleidacolour ink pad.  I bit of embossing folder and Nesties complete the finished card.  My husband doesn't think I should ever use black on a birthday card.  What do you think?  I feel it's a bit 'Halloweeny' don't you?  Thankfully that's coming up soon.
I have had a busy few days - as usual.  Last Friday I went with my friend to see Lady Antebellum in a small intimate venue in Islington - Union chapel.  They were fantastic.  Dawn and I had already seen them last year in Shepherd's Bush.  Now they are becoming so huge worldwide, I don't suppose we'll ever be that close again.  It was a great evening.
I have been working at the school too and last week, ferried the boys and teachers to the church in Surbiton for the Harvest Festival.  I remember the ones I attended when I was at school.  I went inside the church and was swollen with pride at seeing 'My boys' up there singing and reading.  Singing all those hymns really took me back.
Mike and I went to a 'curry party' on Saturday night.  My friend Sandra has just qualified as an oesteopath and she threw a party to celebrate.  She is such a good cook and made all the curries.  Everything was delicious.  So, bang went the diet once more.  I had hoped I'd lose a few pounds before we go to Tenerife soon.  No chance now - so I may as well carry on - No?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the card Gill it was beautiful.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete