Wednesday 5 October 2011

New Home under water

Hello there!
We have new neighbours.  Our friends Nicki and Terry moved out last Friday and took their doggies with them.  But they haven't gone too far away - still in Stoneleigh.  In their place we have another couple who appear to be very friendly.  I am sure they will fit in very quickly.  I have made this card to welcome them to our road.
The stamp is from Hobby Art.  At Kim's class last week, we used a watercolour technique and I used it on this stamped image.  I used a distress ink and then, with a water brush, just moved some of the colour about to take away the harsh lines.  An embossing folder, ribbon, gems and a punch later - and we have our new home card.
I nearly blotted my copy book this morning.  My husband woke up early and asked me what time my alarm was to go off.  I said, '6.15'.  He said, 'Well I don't think it's gone off'.  I looked at the clock and it was 06.36.  If I'm perfectly honest, a word not normally associated with ladies, left my mouth.  (Note to self - 10p in the swear box!)  I was up and out 12 minutes later and yes, I had make up on.  Now for me to leave the home without caffeine is unheard of but the adrenalin was pumping and I got a coffee as soon as I got to the school.  I arrived at my pick up point dead on time and only you, dear reader, my husband and I are any the wiser!
I went to a Jamie Oliver party last night at my friend Dawn's house.  I am so glad I made the effort straight after work because she had had many cancellations poor thing.  That's why I don't have these party plan evenings.  I have ordered a baking tray for mini Yorkshire puddings.  I made Dawn promise to come and make some for me.  And me a Yorkshire Lass.  I should be ashamed - but sadly I'm not.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gilly, nice card glad you liked the technique its really useful isn't it.
    See you soon, thanks for leaving my jacket out. I'm very gald I have it today, what a change in the weather lol.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Gill......thank you for your kind anniversary wishes x

    ReplyDelete